Saturday, February 18, 2012

"Definitely Do" Top Three DIY Picks: Nursery Design

I've had just a touch of baby fever lately and thought I would try and kick it by posting some of my favorite nursery designs and ideas from Pinterest. When you find out your having a little one, and some of us start doing this years in advance, but we dream of how our little peanuts room will look when they arrive. Themes, color, design, decor, stuffed animals, furniture... the list goes on and on with the items that we ponder for the picture perfect nursery for our picture perfect newborn. Through our favorite pin board site I gathered my top three favs this week. Hope you love and enjoy them just as much as I do.


1. Pink & Brown

I am totally a sucker for pink and brown together, especially for a little girls nursery or room. It is classy, earthy, girly, warm, sophisticated, and delicate enough for your princess. The chandelier lighting is just the right touch to give this nursery the perfect ambiance.

My Tip: I would recommend putting your lighting on a dimmer switch. This comes in handy for midnight diaper changes and creating a calm atmosphere for baby while you rock her to sleep(my favorite).


2. MOD Baby


I'm in love with this modern themed nursery for the little man in your life. The blues, greens, tans, and grays are the perfect combo of colors and make this the hippest nursery in the neighborhood.

My Tip: Of course the blue chair is the highlighted piece of this room, however I don't recommend spending an arm and leg to get this "must-have" piece of furniture. I would purchase a used chair or use one already in your home and reupholster the fabric. Then buy a fun, funky pillow to complete the look (or make one, you crafty mom you).









3. The SURPRISE nursery


For those of you (not me, I don't do surprises) that choose to wait until the D-day to find out if your having a boy or girl will appreciate this gender neutral themed nursery which is possibly the most creative one I've seen. The pinstriping on the ceiling is a perfect touch if your not looking to commit to one color on the walls but want to give it some personality. The best part of this nursery is the wall of books, such a simple yet fun loving idea for your little ones first room. We shall call it the wall of imagination and learning. <3

My Tip: To fill your book shelves purchase at used book stores and even get in the attic to find your books from when you were a little one. This nursery will definitely create memories that will last a lifetime.







"Now get out there and make something beautiful and from the heart"



No comments:

Post a Comment