Saturday, February 11, 2012

Greek is Great

In our household we go through yogurt on a daily basis, it's a great snack for the kids and comes in a variety of flavors. For awhile now though I have found a different use for it and thought I would share this fabulous secret if you haven't already discovered it for yourself.


Do you have these items in your refrigerator?
- sour cream
-cream cheese
- ice cream
- dips

If you answered yes to any of those then you are in for a pleasant surprise. Plain Greek yogurt can be used as a substitution to all of the above and much more. Not only is this delicious treat that is creamy and nutritious but it is so versatile in the kitchen.

Some of my favorite dishes that I use Greek yogurt in is anything Mexican, smoothies, spinach dip, cucumber dip, use as a dip for fruit, parfaits, on top of tomato soup (or any soup for that matter), and that is just to name a few. 

Now, I probably pay around $6.00 for a pint of Greek yogurt, however, when you stop buying all the other items above it balances out and is definitely worth it at the check out line.

This is a "Definitely Do" and hope that some of you are on your way to the grocery store right NOW, well after you finish reading of course. And I will share some of my Greek yogurt recipes with you soon. I'll get to working on that A.S.A.P. just for y'all. 

My Tip: My kids love ice cream so in place of ice cream (and I was sneaky about it) I take the Greek yogurt and put semi sweet choc chips in it and they LoVe it!


"Now get out there and make something beautiful and from the heart"


Do you have any must have Greek yogurt recipes to share?



No comments:

Post a Comment