Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Cards Turned Gift Tags

Now that Christmas is over, the decorations are put away, and the tree is back in the box, what do you do with all the Christmas cards that you got during the holiday season?


My wonderful and brilliant mama gave me a great idea and I decided to go with it. For the kid's Christmas gifts this year she re-purposed her last year's Christmas cards by turning them into gift tags. She cut out designs from each card, attached ribbon (reused from gifts), added the To and From and then attached them to her gifts.





I took a few of my cards, cut out designs, then hole punched each one.


 I added ribbon that was left over from wrapping presents and strung it through the hole.


Now all you have to do is put them away with your Christmas items and next year you already have your gift tags ready to go.

My Tip: You can do this for any holiday or birthday with cards that you've saved or shoved in a drawer. I also recommend purchasing scrap book paper to print your To and From onto and then glue to the back of your tag.


This is undoubtedly a "Definitely Do". Everyone has cards they can re-purpose into gift tags and it super easy, takes no time at all and is free.







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your post! I used one of your photos (with credit, of course!) on my own blog.

    ReplyDelete