Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Papa Bear

Today is my husband's Birthday and being that both his and mine fall around Christmas we try to keep it from the heart (meaning homemade) and simple (meaning cheap) . It's better than doing the whole "This gift is Birthday and Christmas combined" (what we heard EVERY year growing up).

While doing some browsing through different blogs hoping an amazing idea would pop out at me I actually came up with something quit creative. Both of my kiddos look to Jonah (that's daddy) as their hero and you see it in their faces every time he gets home from work, plays ball out in the back yard, hides under the covers with them from the monster (that's me) and the best one... pulls them around on their little power wheels behind the tractor a.k.a. lawn mower. Yes! We can be so country at times.


Audrey and her daddy have the sweetest bond. She is his snuggle bunny and is always freely handing out kisses and squeezes (hugs). 



And Connor is Jonah's mini - me, red hair and all. Looking just like daddy, he also wants to do everything with daddy too.


We don't always (or ever) have a million dollars in the bank but still wanted to do something nice for him. I found this really cute idea on Pinterest via The Creative Homemaker for a daddy survey. This Father's Day printable is a great idea and I thought I would make one for each of kids to fill out for Jonah. I created one  and if you want to see it view the copy. The one we created was for our Super Dad on his Birthday! I found the super hero clip art on One Charming Party and the DIY movie tickets came from Print With My Pic


I filled in the blanks and they signed them. Then they each picked out a card (or you can make one) for daddy and placed daddy and me date night coupons in each one. Connor's daddy and me date is for a night at the movies and Audrey's is for a tea party with her and her baby dolls. Total cuteness and then some. 


Once everything was complete we taped them to the front door for daddy to see when he got home from work.

Jonah is such an amazing man and we could not have asked for anyone better to be the father and husband in our lives. Sometimes the gifts that come from the heart and don't cost a penny are the ones that are cherished forever.

Happy Birthday, Papa Bear! We love you so much!
Love,

Connor, Audrey, and Me <3













No comments:

Post a Comment