Monday, December 19, 2011

Bruschetta the Good (and easy) Way

While preparing my husbands early birthday dinner I thought I would post how to make my delicious bruschetta. You will see and also soon learn that if I ever share a recipe of my own I very seldem list how much of each ingredient is used. I'm all about tasting and eyeballing it as I go. That's what makes cooking fun.

Here is what you'll need for perfect deliciousness:

- fresh basil
- loaf of french bread
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 of a red onion
- balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- shredded parm cheese
-  1 clove of garlic
- Olive Oil (to brush your slices of bread with before topping with mixture)
- Black Olives (if you like them, I do Not)





What you need to do:
- Slice up the onion, tomato, garlic, and basil. Mix together with balsamic dressing (just enough to coat it). Let it marinate for about 30 minutes.  Cut your loaf of french bread into slices (thick or thin, whatever you prefer).  Preheat oven to 350ish. Top each slice of bread with a spoonful of your bruschetta mix. Top with parm cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Bake on cookie sheet until the cheese is melted and bread is crunchy, take out of oven. Top with sliced olives, if preferred. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment