Sunday, January 29, 2012

"Definitely Do" Top Three DIY Picks: Valentine's Day Favorites

1. For kids from kids

Heart shaped crayons made from chopped up crayons then baked in the oven for 15 minutes, brilliant! Not only is this easy, affordable, and super cute but these little crayon hearts definitely beat the store bought cards hands down. We are making these for the kiddos at church and know they will all love and enjoy them.



My Tip: Once you have the crayons all chopped up let your kids put them in the heart shaped baking dish. It gives them independence to help create this fun idea for their friends.





























2. Mails here


When I saw this idea, by the home teacher, I knew I would be making these little mail boxes, no doubt. What a fun way to leave little notes for the ones you love. A fun and personal idea for Valentine's Day at home.



My Tip: Use these even after Valentine's Day is over. Leave daily notes for the ones you love, especially the kiddos. Each morning they will love looking in their mail box to see what awaits for them.











3. Fortune Cookie Love


This idea is a little sentimental for me because my husband and I actually met opening a new Asian restaurant concept and we always opened fortune cookies together. He even sent me a HUGE chocolate covered cookie to Florida when I was still living there. I'm actually making these for him, putting them in a jar and am really excited to see how much he loves the thought behind them. Easy to make and the idea behind it goes back to when we first met. You can find the "how - to" steps at Wonder Forest.

My Tip: Whether you are making them for him or her make it a venture and tell them to only open one a day for the rest of the month. It will be the perfect beginning or ending to their day this coming month.




"Now get out there and make something beautiful and from the heart"












No comments:

Post a Comment