Saturday, January 14, 2012

"Definitely Don't" Top Three Don't Even Think About Its

We go to Pinterest.com  for inspirational ideas for our weddings, birthday parties for our kids, and DIY's to make life easier, not for some of the items that we are about to view.

1. Pinterest.com, Your Personal Online Boutique --- NOT



I cannot tell you how much I am over seeing people advertising items that they sell on other 3rd party sites on pinterest. This image above was posted with a price and when I clicked on it I was directed to the pin board which was pretty much her little online store. Maybe this doesn't bother you as much as me but I'm there for craft ideas, if I wanted to buy these shoes (and don't get me wrong they are cute) I would go to Etsy.com.

Let me just clarify this too, it is different when others are posting items from Esty.com and other sites because it is something they like but when I see people hosting their own store and items on Pinterest, that is what I don't care for.

And then...

2. Naked Nonsense

I'm not even going to post a photo of the next "Definitely Don't" because I don't want to trash up my blog but PLEASE, I beg of you stop with the half naked photos of women (including photos of yourself in front of your mirror). Pinterest is not going to get you on the cover of Maxim if you get 300 repins! Seriously though, I find it revolting that it is mainly women who are posting these and repinning them ... why?

And then...

3. Tower of Losing My Sanity Because the Pieces Are So Dang Small 
Did I go to far with the title?



I found this under DIY & Crafts titled "build the tallest tower game". Yes, this looks like fun in theory but all of those tiny little legos are going to have to be picked up after it falls to the ground. All I could think was thank goodness I am not going to be that person, in fact if it was at my house the vacuum cleaner would do the picking up for me to make sure I wouldn't do it again.  Although, this would be a good idea to recommend to the parents you don't really get along with and tell them how much fun it is... I'm just saying.

With all that being said...

"Now get out there and make something beautiful and from the heart"



No comments:

Post a Comment