Thursday, January 19, 2012

Biters Bliss

My nails are always the first to go when it comes to feeling stressed or anxious and sometimes just because I'm bored. Yes, I'm a biter. Usually I go to the salon and pay $30 + to get those beautiful french tips but recently I found a very inexpensive and efficient way to get the same look.




That's right gals, Wal-Mart glue on nails. I know what your thinking but really these nails last for up to a week and only cost around $5 per box. I use the Kiss brand, real short, and french tip. I always get compliments on them and didn't give away my secret... until now.



I really dread going to the salon and listening to women beside me talk on their cell phones about nonsense like I'm on an episode of the Real Housewives (No Thank You). I would much rather sit on my comfy couch watching Dr. Phil while the kids nap and pamper myself. They are a little thinner(not by much) than salon nails and don't have the acrylic but on the upside these glue on's are less harsh on your pretty finger nails and look just as professionally done when they are all on.

Between going to the salon or opting to do your own I would definitely recommend the latter of the two next time you hop in your car for a fill-in. These economical and professional looking full sets are a "Definitely Do" for weddings, date night with the hubby, or just because you want to feel like a girl.


My Tip: You don't always have to keep the french look, purchase some nail color or a glitter stick to sass them up a bit


Here are just a few fun ideas I found on Pinterest


I love the multi-colored nails with different designs. My favorite that I have seen is doing them all the same color with the exception of your ring finger on each hand, do that one in a different color (try a glitter color).



Also this season nude color polishes are super hott. I love these colors and are perfect with a touch of glitter.



And if you feel like doing something super flashy I love this old china design with the blue polish on top of white. You can find more awesome designs like this one at The Daily Nail.



"Now get out there and make something beautiful and from the heart."



No comments:

Post a Comment