Wednesday, January 4, 2012

French Onion Soup Crock Pot Style

It's winter and on a brisk day all I can think about is snuggling on the couch and eating some pipping hot soup -- french onion soup that is. "Ogres are like onions" ,quoted from Shrek, is really all I could think about as I was starting the soup this morning made with tons of onion love.



Smashed Peas and Carrots has an amazing crock pot recipe for this classic and elegant soup. Knowing me and how I make my recipes I pretty much eyeballed it with the ingredients. My entire home smells intoxicating with aromas of sweet onion, beef broth and just pain heaven. I'm enjoying a cup of the delicious soup as I'm writing. It definitely speaks to my soul and makes my tummy happy.

On that note --- time for another bite.

This is a "Definitely Do" for you crock pot and french onion soup lovers. You don't have to slave over the stove, just throw the ingredients in your crock pot and let that baby do the cooking.

My Tip: As a wino and self- proclaimed connoisseur I added a touch (and in my vocabulary that means about 1/2 a cup) of red wine to my soup during the cooking process -- I also drank a "touch" of wine while making it too. Finally, when cooking the bread for on top go crazy with the swiss, it's not perfect unless every bite is stringy and hanging from your face.










"Now get out there and make something beautiful and from the heart"




No comments:

Post a Comment