Sunday, January 8, 2012

"Definitely Do" Top Three DIY Picks: Engagement Announcements

The most exciting part... announcing to the world you are tying the knot. Most choose the traditional photography session with an engagement caption. This is always an elegant and beautiful way to spread the word but I'm about to share some of the top creative and one of a kind ways, spicing up the photography session, to show the ones you love how much in love you are.

#1 Tie the Knot

weddinggirl.ca has a fun way to share the love. An announcement with a string on the inside of it, that when opened ties an actual knot. Love!

My Tip: I love the string idea but to make it more fun I would use a color that is matching to your wedding theme









2. Thumb Prints of LoVe


What an adorable way to spread your big news. I love this concept of using your thumb prints to create a bonded heart. Brooklyn Bride shared this announcement and then of course found it pinned on Pinterest. With some recycled paper, an ink pad, and printer for your text, you can create something that will leave a lasting impression.



My Tip: I really do like this one just the way it is but it would also be neat to add a little color maybe doing each thumb print in a different color to signify two becoming one.











3. Announcement Ornament


Can this idea get any more creative and adorable? I don't think so! from glitter to gumdrops gives you step by step instruction to the cutest announcements of 2012. And the part I love most --  a shell charm that matched the theme of the wedding.



My Tip: Nothing! This one is perfect to a T.














"Now get out there and make something beautiful and from the heart"


Do you have a unique announcement idea?



No comments:

Post a Comment